Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Sunday, April 09, 2006

Before&After

Pin It Now!

It was the best of weekends; it was the worst of weekends.

Have you ever had a weekend go by and just wondered where the heck it went? We had a good weekend - nothing spectacular, but okay. I'm just having a hard time believing that it's already Sunday night and there is little to show for it.

I loafed around for most of the weekend....thankfully, I finally finished my thank you cards. Six weeks....not too bad. :) And they all went out with a picture and all that. :)

Aside from that, I had a good workout (you're ecstatic, I'm sure) and that's pretty much it. Friday night, the kitchen was disastrous, so I started dinner (marinated salmon steaks), but then gave up and ordered greek. Yesterday, we went out for dinner. Hubs was nice and productive yesterday though - pouring cement, caulking cracks, etc. Nice.

Blah. So we got to today....messy house, nothing exciting to do. Hubs went to play hockey (I was tempted to rollerblade but balked at the idea of rollerblading alone - i'm brutal and clumsy and there is no way that anything like that would end well.).

So I decided to tackle the kitchen and the living room. I will give you a before and after so you know what I was working with. ;) Our house is still under renos, so the kitchen is more of a work in progress than a finished product. On the upside, it's proof positive that you don't need a wicked kitchen to successfully make a meal.

Before:
Image hosting by Photobucket

After:
Image hosting by Photobucket

And here's the opposite corner of the kitchen. I have big plans for installing another counter/cupboard unit there, but in the meantime, it's a hand-me-down micro stand, a portable pantry and patio bistro set. Oh...and does anyone else have the problem of empties piling up? The boy SAYS he will take them away, but they seem to sit around the house for quite some time....and then when we do bring them back, we look like the worst sort of lushes...
Image hosting by Photobucket

And the living room transformation. It went from being tax/thank you card central to a nice setting for a romantic meal. :) Also, I hate doing taxes. I'm doing better now than before, but still a ways from gettin' back the moolah. I hate forms. There is nothing I hate more than forms.
Image hosting by Photobucket

And after....set for a feast of fresh baguette (with olive oil and balsamic), spring mix salad, marinated salmon steaks (the ones we were supposed to eat on Friday), steamed asparagus and jasmine rice. Dinner was sooooooo yummy. Except hubs is slowly transforming into a wine snob - he 'rejected' the first bottle we opened, so we had to open a different one. hahahaha. I'm not going to let him live that one down. He's getting as bad as I am with Shiraz....(there is something about that varietal that I just don't like. I can taste it everytime, even if I don't see a label.
Image hosting by Photobucket

Well, have a great Sunday night. I shall continue sipping my wine, and then contemplate doing the dishes. It just never ends...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am really enjoying your new blog...esp. the pics!...nice touch.

Anonymous said...

Great clean-up job!! Doesn't it feel great to have a nice clean kitchen and dining room?? (while it lasts...)

Marlene

Anonymous said...

I love (well, sort of!) to see that Dan and I aren't the only ones who let the kitchen get into such a state! You've given me motivation to tackle my kitchen today. Love the blog, too!

Jen
(Jenni-poo from hitched)

Anonymous said...

Hey - where did you buy the pantry storage in your kitchen (the white one)? I am looking for something exactly like that.

Thanks in advance!

leslie @ definitely not martha said...

thanks for the sympathy. ;) I actually have written proof that I'm not the only one who lives in a somewhat sub-standardly-clean house....check out Jan Wong's latest columns in the G&M. Very interesting read.

sc00ter - the pantry cupboard is from Rona. It was only $129.99 and actually looked a lot nicer than most of the others I saw - the doors are contoured and there is some nice molding at the top too. The handles are also brushed silver-coloured metal, so it matches our kitchen pretty well. It's a very handy cupboard to have and has since saved my sanity. In the picture of my kitchen - what you see is what you get. That's IT for cupboards.

Related Posts with Thumbnails