Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Friday, April 07, 2006

Encrusted Spring Mixed Greens

Pin It Now!

Yup. That's what happens to 'em if you leave them drenched in vinaigrette in the salad bowl overnight. Ew. First they go mushy, and then they dry to the bowl so they're almost impossible to get off. Grossness.

So I broke my near perfect streak. Blah. It just seems like there isn't enough time. I got home yesterday (to a pretty decent kitchen) at about 6:15. Hubs and I unloaded the dishwasher, and I set to work at making dinner.

Apparently stuffed meatloaf and roasted taters take a little longer than I had anticipated. My FIL showed up at about 6:40 or so, but dinner wasn't ready until about 8. So, we enjoyed our dinner (stuffed meatloaf is SO good - filled with chopped mushrooms, zucchini, red pepper and onion, and monterey jack cheese - yum!), and chit chatted for a bit.

While hubs and his dad watched the tail end of the game (as IF montreal crushed us), I loaded and started the dishwasher. But there were way too many dishes for it, and besides, I don't normally put things like 9x13 pans or salad bowls in (they just take up too much room).

Well, after the dishwasher ran, I also joined the boys to watch the last couple minutes of the game, and then FIL left and I worked out. By the time my workout was over, it was late and I was tired, and didn't feel like handwashing dishes.

Of course, the dishes were still there this morning. :( Nothing sucks more than first thing in the morning, when I'm trying to just start the coffee pot (before going to the bathroom and showering), and I can't get the damn pot in the sink to fill it up because it's full of dishes. Meh. So I'm literally dancing around the kitchen, just trying to get the coffee started. (My coffee maker isn't super swift, and I am on a tight schedule in the morning....if I don't start it before my shower, I don't get coffee).

Anyway, got that all together. Now, wouldn't you know that I just forget my stupid coffee mug on the table, and don't realize it until I'm halfway down the street. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. And with taking the bus...you don't just turn around to go get it. Poopers. So I bought coffee when I got to work.

My house is kinda messy, and DH still hasn't made the bed (I bed), but it's been far worse. I'm just not looking forward to de-encrusting my salad bowl tonight. I hate doing dishes before dinner, because it puts me even LESS in the mood for doing them after dinner. Poopy poopy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't STAND dishes in the sink in the morning. It's my worst nightmare. Sometimes on Saturday morning, I'll wake up, mosey in to the kitchen to flick on the kettle, and a pile of dishes from Friday will catch my eye... I march right back upstairs and BEG hubby to deal with the dishes (and make my tea :D ) before I'll go near the kitchen. lol!

Luckily, we've gotten into a great habit of doing the dishes right after dinner. We don't have a dishwasher (poopy!) so I wash and he dries (I hate drying)... but once in a while, we get lazy!

Anonymous said...

p.s. - the above comment was from me, Marlene. :p Forgot to sign it!

Anonymous said...

If you've made dinner doesnt he do the dishes?? That's the way it works at my house!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails