Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Moroccan Success!

Pin It Now!

The in-laws still love me. I think. :)

It turns out that sultry moroccan chicken, partnered with rich red wine and silky crème brulée are complete and total crowd-pleasers. I was still really apprehensive about the chicken last night, but it turned out to be super tasty. :)

My guess-timate of 40 minutes was perhaps a little bit long, so I would check it at 35 minutes in the future.....but I am actually really pleased with the final product. It looked aweosme, tasted awesome and totally blew them away.

I made up a couscous recipe to go with the chicken, and I thought it was a great compliment to the flavours and textures.

Orange almond couscous
2 cups whole wheat couscous
1 cup orange juice
1 cup chicken broth
1 T olive oil
1/4 c slivered almonds
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 c. raisins
1/3 c. chopped apricots
1/4 c. lemon juice
1/4 c. chopped coriander
1/4 c. chopped parsley

1. Bring juice and broth to a boil. Add couscous, stir, cover and set aside (away from heat). Couscous cooks instantly and is ready in five minutes.
2. In a large pan (or wok), heat oil over medium heat. Add almonds, and onion. Cook for about 3-4 minutes, add garlic, cook another couples of minutes.
3. Add raisins, apricot and fresh herbs.
4. Carefully stir in couscous (and make a huge mess on the stove in the process....or is it just me who has that talent....).
5. Stir in lemon juice, heat through. Voila!

Easy, quick, and would be great with many chicken recipes, as well as a lot of fish recipes. I can't really comment too much more on last night other than to say it went perfectly.

I know that one of these days, my guinea pig-esque experimentation is going to bite me in the ass, but seeing as the day has not yet come, I'll continue to whip up crazy concoctions on poor, unsuspecting guests. Muahahahahahaha.....

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails